11.11.2011

Sour Cream Peach Pie


While the name may sound a bit iffy, the taste of this pie certainly makes up for it. While skeptical, one of my former co-workers at the Stacker Cafe insisted I try a bite … I then proceeded to get my own piece. Needless to say, I was hooked and I have made this for holiday gatherings at my parents place a couple times since then. It always goes over really well and puts the tradition pumpkin pie to shame.

1 - 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
1 - 15 ounce can sliced peaches
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350°. Drain peaches. In medium bowl, combine sugar, egg, sour cream, cinnamon, flour and vanilla. Fold in peaches. Pour mixture into pie crust. In another mixing bowl, combine the sugar and flour for the topping. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle the topping over the peach filling. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Top with whipped topping if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment