4.21.2012

Cheese Tortellini in Homemade Alfredo Sauce




I’ve always been a huge fan of pasta, especially chicken and shrimp Alfredo. However, when it comes to Alfredo sauce, I’m really picky. After working at the brewpub in Wyoming, I learned that the crap that comes in jars just isn’t nearly as good as homemade. And my boss felt the same way. After I made my very first batch of Alfredo sauce, she told me it was the best she had ever tasted. And if you knew this woman, she wasn’t the type who just gave out compliments haphazardly. You had to do something really special to gain her approval.

1 - 16-oz. package cheese tortellini
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
3 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1-1/2 tsp. parsley

Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese to boiling in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and add garlic powder, salt and parsley. Simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened. Add to tortellini and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment