12.21.2011

Pepper Jack Chicken Pasta Salad


Yep, that’s right … another pasta salad recipe; while I can’t usually take all of the credit for my pasta salad ideas, this one is purely my creation. One day, while trying to decide what kind of pasta salad I wanted to make, I came across a block of pepper jack cheese in the fridge. Taking the idea from one of my favorite meals, pepper jack chicken over rice (which will be added to this ever-growing collection of recipes shortly), I decided to start throwing some things together and make pepper jack chicken pasta salad. In my eyes, spicy and chicken is probably the best combination of ingredients in the world. And depending upon the type of pepper jack chicken you buy, you can control the level of spiciness, which is also an added bonus.

3 cups dry pasta (rotini, rotelle, shells, etc.)
1 - 15 oz. can corn, drained)
1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1 - packet Italian dressing mix
1/4 cup creamy Italian dressing
8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1 small onion, diced
3 medium chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 - oz. block pepper jack cheese, cubed

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Add the corn to the boiling water after about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water twice. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mayo, Miracle Whip, dressing mix, Italian dressing, bacon and onion. Add the pasta, corn, chicken and cheese. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment