11.11.2011

Mile High Peanut Butter Pie


As I do with any recipe I find in a magazine or online, I tweak it to make it my own … this one is no different. Since my family LOVES their peanut butter, I made my version of this pie more peanut buttery. And instead of drizzling peanut butter and chocolate syrup over the top, I opted for peanut butter and chocolate chips. While I have no idea what the magazine recipe tasted like, this one definitely turned out to be a keeper.

45 Nilla Wafers (reduced fat or regular), finely crushed
6 Tbsp butter, melted
1 - 3.9-oz. package instant chocolate pudding
2 cups cold milk, divided
4 oz. (1/2 an 8-oz. package) neufchatel cheese, softened
1 - 3.4 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups thawed Cool Whip, divided
1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter chips

Pre-heat oven to 375°. Mix wafer crumbs and melted butter until well-blended; press onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake 10 minutes or until crust is browned. Cool. In a medium bowl, whisk the chocolate pudding mix and 1 cup of milk for 2 minutes (pudding will be thick). Spread onto cooled crust. In another bowl, gradually add the remaining milk to cream cheese, beating with electric mixer until well blended. Add dry vanilla pudding mix and beat for 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter to the vanilla pudding mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate pudding. Spoon the remaining Cool Whip on top. Sprinkle peanut butter and chocolate chips over top. Refrigerate 3 hours before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment