11.11.2011

Peanut Peanut Butter Scones

As I’ve mentioned in the past, I make scones on a regular basis, usually once a week. And seeing as how I have the basic recipe down for regular scones, I constantly find myself building off of it, throwing in whatever I think would taste good and creating different flavored treats to go along with coffee. One weekend, I had this hankering for peanut butter. Looking through the cupboards in my mom’s kitchen (she’s always got excellent goodies that make for tasty desserts), I stumbled across a bag of Reese’s peanut butter baking chips. That was all I needed to set the tone for my next creation. Finding a bottle of peanuts and grabbing a jar of peanut butter, it wasn’t long before I had the most delicious scones melting in my mouth. I’m telling you, these definitely have the potential to be award-winning.

3-1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. cold butter
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup peanuts (more if you so desire)
1 cup peanut butter baking chips (more if you wish)
4 Tbsp. peanut butter

Preheat oven to 400°. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir together yogurt and cream. Add to mixture until moistened. Fold in the peanuts and peanut butter chips and add the peanut butter. Turn onto floured surface. Knead 10 to 12 times until dough is no longer sticky. Roll out each portion into a circle. Cut dough into wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until light brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment