11.11.2011

Pecan Cream Cheese Squares


This is one of my favorite dessert recipes I have ever found in my mother’s Taste of Home magazines. As such, I cannot take full credit for this one, but I did tweak it slightly to accommodate my family’s tastes, decreasing the amount of pecans and replacing the cream cheese with neufchatel cheese. Regardless, it is delicious and I would be remiss if I didn’t share this one with the world.

1 - 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
3 eggs, divided
1/2 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups pecan pieces
1 - 8-ounce package neufchatel cheese, softened
3-2/3 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, one egg and butter. Stir in pecans and mix well. Press mixture into a greased 13-by-9-inch baking pan. In another mixing bowl – or the same one, if you don’t like washing dishes – beat the neufchatel cheese, powdered sugar and remaining two eggs until smooth. Pour mixture over pecan crust. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before cutting into squares. Store in refrigerator.

0 comments:

Post a Comment