6.19.2013

Spicy Turkey Burgers




After I quit eating red meat, one of the things I missed the most was eating hamburgers. Recently, I began buying pre-made turkey and chicken patties at the grocery store, but, to be honest, they lacked taste. So, instead of loading them down with spices before cooking them, I decided to try my hand at making my own turkey burgers. Since I already had the rest of the ingredients at home, all I needed to buy was the ground turkey and the buns, which makes it less of a hassle. Of course, the plain ground turkey is also cheaper then buying the patties (apparently, simply shaping those suckers jacks the price up a couple bucks). Anyway, I made sure MY turkey burgers were full of flavor so that adding things like ketchup and mustard was unnecessary. These can be enjoyed plain - of course, adding cheese is always recommended. ;)

1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 Tbsp. chopped onion
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1/2 Tbsp. dry mustard
1 Tbsp. paprika
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Dash of Tabasco sauce

In a large bowl, combine all the above ingredients until well blended. Form the turkey into patties (1/4 lb., 1/3 lb. 1/2 lb. - whatever you desire). Place the burgers on a foil-lined pan and broil in a toaster oven (turning occasionally) until juices run clear. You can also cook them in a saucepan on the stove or on the grill. Serve on buns with your favorite condiments and enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment