6.19.2013

Caribbean Jerk Chicken Drums




I’m a huge fan of jerk chicken - Jamaican, Carribean, you name it! So, when I bought some chicken drumsticks and decided I didn’t just want to bake them as is or just with some plain old blah seasoning, I looked for ideas on the good ol’ Interweb. Unfortunately, I didn’t find anything that really that piqued my interest, so I widened my search to more than just chicken drums. And, voila … I found a recipe for Caribbean jerk chicken leg quarters. Changing a few of the details to accommodate not only my taste, but also more chicken, I came up with this phenomenal recipe. It’s easy to make and absolutely delicious - a must try for any jerk lover.

1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. thyme
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
12 chicken drumsticks

In a gallon size resealable bag, combine first seven ingredients; mix until well blended. Add chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat the chicken; refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Preheat oven to 375°. Remove chicken from marinade and place in a greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and greases run clear. Serve with your favorite side dish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment