4.22.2013

Mango Salsa






I recently became a huge fan of flavored salsas; whether it be peach, pineapple, mango or tequila lime, I’ve tried them all. So, thinking back to making regular old plain salsa with vegetables out of the garden, I thought it would be fun to try to make my own mango salsa. What makes this great is that it’s relatively Paleo-friendly. What I also discovered is that this variety, like most salsas, tastes even better when it sits in the fridge a few days and the fruit soaks up all the flavors. Also, if you don’t like too much spiciness, you can cut back on the jalapeño. This summer, I plan on experimenting more with fruit-flavored salsas. Living on the coast, I have found that they care the perfect implement to broiled or baked salmon or swordfish (or any fish in general, for that matter).

2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1-1/2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced 
1 medium red onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
6 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
6 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1-1/2 limes)
2 Tbsp. coconut milk
sea salt and black pepper to taste

If you have a food processor, I would recommend using it to dice and combine the first six ingredients to save time. Otherwise, dice them all by hand and combine them in a large bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment