1.04.2013

Veggie Stir-Fry




This was a recipe I found in Taste of Home and absolutely loved. If I recall correctly, my mom even liked it, which was surprising since she hates celery. I modified this slightly to my liking, mainly by adding more soy sauce. I’ve also used this recipe and added cooked, cubed chicken breasts to make it more of a meal. I’m sure it would taste just as great if you added pork or beef. If there’s one thing I like about side dishes, it’s the ability to elaborate upon them to create an amazing meal.

4 tsp. corn starch
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp. soy sauce
1-1/4 cup celery, julienned
1-1/4 cup green pepper, julienned
1-1/4 cup carrots, peeled and julienned
2/3 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup sliced onion
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

In a small bowl, mix corn starch, broth and soy sauce until smooth. Meanwhile, stir-fry the vegetables in a large skillet or wok until tender. Stir in the soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve alongside your favorite entree.


0 comments:

Post a Comment