8.08.2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



While I’ve used regular chocolate chip cookie recipes and baked them in the form of bars, this recipe is a little bit different and makes the bars slightly better than plain old cookies. I happened upon a similar recipe because I only had one stick of butter and was craving something chocolatey (which is weird for me, to say the least). Not wanting to go to the store, I just altered a few things (the original recipe called for 2 cups of brown sugar so I reduced that by a half cup and used white sugar in its place). With the amount of sugar, these actually border on being blondies, but aren’t quite - perhaps, that’s why I like them better than regular old cookies. Regardless, if you like chocolate chip cookies of any sort, I’m sure you’ll like these as well.

1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 oz. (1 cup) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9-by-13 pan. In a large bowl, combine sugars and melted butter, blending well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt a little at a time, mixing well between each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the cookie mixture in prepared baking pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until set. Be sure not to overbake. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment