8.08.2012

Baked Lemon Chicken



When I lived at home, I never got to test out a lot of different recipes on my family since my dad was extremely picky. Since I’m the type of person who likes a diet that contains a lot of variety - except when it comes to my once or twice a week visits to Chipotle. So now that I’m on my own again, I have been trying lots of different things … especially when it comes to chicken. This is extremely easy to make and it’s also Paleo-friendly, so that’s an added bonus. The honey tames down the lemon just enough so that it’s not too tart.

4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. oregano

Preheat oven to 400°. Pour 3 Tbsp. olive oil into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish, coating the bottom evenly. Place chicken breasts in pan. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, garlic, 1 Tbsp. olive oil and oregano. Pour over chicken breasts. Bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices. Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment