12.21.2011

Chicken Parmesan


Whenever I go out to eat, I’m always wary of ordering chicken parmesan because I’ve had some bad experiences in the past. So when I was craving chicken parm the other day, I decided to just make my own to see if it really was that hard to get it right. Apparently, it’s not. I mean, I may be a whiz in the kitchen, but I’ve had my fair share of failures. Expecting this might be one, I looked up a recipe online, changed a few details and it turned out pretty damn good. Guess whenever I have a craving for chicken parm in the future, I have my solution.

3 eggs
6 oz. Italian bread crumbs
6 chicken breasts, thawed
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. oil
1 - 26-oz. jar pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
4 cups uncooked vermicelli
4 Tbsp. butter

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-by-15-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Pour the bread crumbs into another medium bowl. Dip each chicken breast in the egg, then into the bread crumbs, covering them completely. Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet and bake for about 45-55 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add the pasta sauce and heat through. Spread half of the pasta sauce mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place chicken over sauce and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top and return to the oven for 20 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the vermicelli according to package directions. Drain and add butter to hot noodles. Serve the parmesan chicken over noodles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment