11.11.2011

Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup


I've always seen recipes for tortellini soups in various cooking magazines, but I never found one that really struck my fancy as something I absolutely HAD to try. Thus, I came up with my own idea for a soup that I thought would be ridiculously tasty. I have always loved chicken alfredo and recently, due to my no red meat diet, I have fallen in love with cheese tortellini. One night, while lying in bed, I thought, why not combine the two in soup form. The next afternoon, my quest to make chicken alfredo tortellini soup was in full force. This recipe was the delicious result.

1 onion, diced
3 slices turkey bacon, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 cups chicken broth
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 - 16-oz. jar alfredo sauce
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
3 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp. parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 - 9-oz package fresh cheese tortellini

In a Dutch oven, sauté onion, bacon and garlic. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and boil for 15 minutes. Add the mushrooms. Stir in the alfredo sauce, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and continue simmering. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions. Add to the soup and cook for 10 minutes more before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment