11.18.2011

Blizzard Party Mix


While I have never really been a fan of party mixes like Puppy Chow or the various Chex mixes, the first time I made this one, I couldn’t get enough. I’m not sure if it’s my addiction to caramels or the sweet and salty combination, but I make this mix at least two or three times during the holiday season. The best part is it's not just delicious, but fairly simple as well.

2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
2 cups mini pretzel twists
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
20 caramels, coarsely chopped
1 - 10-12-oz. package vanilla or ivory chips

Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a large bowl, combine the Chex, pretzels, peanuts and caramels. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chips; stir until smooth. Pour over the party mix and toss to coat. Immediately spread the mixture onto the wax-lined baking sheet; let stand 20 minutes. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.

0 comments:

Post a Comment