11.28.2009

Taco Soup

While working out in Wyoming, Richie and I made sure we always had a plethora of delicious and interesting soups the days I was in the kitchen at Bottom's Up. Though I have never really been much of a taco eater, I found out that when you put anything into soup form, it instantly becomes better. So when I found this recipe and threw it together, it was no different. In fact, it was an instant hit. I had people requesting it and asking that I call them when I was planning on making it for the soup du jour. And better yet, it's easy and quick to make.

2 lbs. ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 packet taco seasoning*
1 packet ranch dressing mix
2 - 4 oz. cans diced green chilies
3 tomatoes, diced (or two 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes)
2 - 15 oz. cans pinto beans
4 cans water
1 lb. shredded chedddar cheese
Sour cream
Tortilla chips

Brown ground beef with onion; drain grease. Add the taco seasoning, ranch dressing mix and water. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Add the green chioles, tomatoes and beans. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until heated through. Serve over tortilla chips and top with sour cream.

* If you don't have any packets of taco seasoning, simply combine a few pinches of cayenne pepper and about 2-3 Tbsp each of garlic salt, cumin, paprika, seasoned salt, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder

0 comments:

Post a Comment