12.05.2011

Tuna Pasta Salad


Every time I made my BLT Pasta Salad or Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad for barbecues with the folks, my dad would constantly ask me why there wasn’t tuna in it instead. Usually when people ask for things, I immediately go out of my way to please them, Thus, this was my cue to begin crafting a tuna pasta salad recipe. Lo and behold, the next time we had a barbecue, this was a hit.

3 cups elbow macaroni
1-1/2 cups frozen or fresh peas
1 small onion, diced
3 - 4-oz. cans tuna, drained
1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip
1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Boil macaroni until tender, adding the peas to the pot about 10 minutes into boiling. Drain and rinse with cold water twice. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the onion, tuna, Miracle Whip, mayo, celery salt and mustards. Add the pasta and peas and mix until well blended. Refrigerate before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment