7.19.2013

Cheez-It & Bacon Chicken Tenders


Trying to figure out what I could make out of the chicken breasts I had been thawing, I remembered I had purchased two boxes of Cheez-Its that had been on sale as part of a two-for deal. Anyway, I got to thinking that using the Cheez-It crumbs as a coating would be a splendid idea. After looking Cheez-It chicken up on the interweb, I discovered that I wasn’t the first person who thought it would be brilliant. After doing some searching, I found a recipe that was relatively easy and decided to go with it. But, of course, I also made one slight improvement - adding bacon! After all was said and done, these turned out really good. Though not as crispy as I had imagined they’d be, they were very tasty. I used the Four Cheese version of Cheez-Its, but you can use whichever flavor is your favorite and I’m sure it would turn out great. You could even buy several of the small bags in a variety of flavors and add even more flavor!

8-10 strips bacon
1-1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 box Cheez-Its
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted

Cut the bacon strips into small cubes. Cook bacon and drain grease. Set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare a 9-by-13-inch baking dish by spraying with cooking spray. Meanwhile, crush 3-4 cups of the Cheez-It crackers by placing them in a large resealable bag and rolling over it with a rolling pin. Add the bacon pieces and mix well. Place the cracker crumbs and bacon mixture on a paper plate. Cut the chicken breasts into strips. Spoon the sour cream Into a small bowl; roll the chicken strips in the sour cream until covered. Now, roll the chicken in the Cheez-It crumbs and bacon until coated. Place the coated chicken in the baking dish. Drizzle the chicken with melted butter. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear when poked with a fork. Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment