2.20.2013

Asian Marinated Pork Chops




Pork chops have been a staple in my cooking repertoire ever since I moved to Massachusetts and met my boyfriend. One reason I had never really liked them in the past is because I always ate them plain or with very little seasoning. Of course, knowing me, I have devised a number of creative ways to spice them up. Of all those recipes, I would have to say this one is by far my favorite. It has a really bold flavor, as well as all the zing of any pork dish you can get at a Chinese restaurant. When I first made this, the recipe I based it off of said to discard the marinade once you take the chops out. Since I was having pork potstickers on the side (a great complementary dish, BTW), I decided to pour the marinade into a small saucepan and heat it to boiling and make a nice soy sauce dip for them. It was absolutely amazing and I will definitely be making this again!

3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. ground ginger
2 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 garlic cloves, crushed
6 pork chops

Combine all of the ingredients, except the pork chops, in a large sealable plastic bag. Blend inside the bag until the brown sugar is melted. Place the chops in the bag, moving them around inside until coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for an hour or two, depending on how bold you want the flavor to come through once cooked. Take the chops out of the refrigerator, remove from marinade and place in a greased skillet. Cook thoroughly on both sides. Serve with your favorite Asian side dish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment