1.04.2013

S’mores Sandwich Cookies




I don't know many people who don’t like s’mores. And there are even fewer people I know who don’t like chocolate chip cookies. Therefore, why not combine the two? I took this recipe from Taste of Home and, though I didn’t change anything when I made this the first time, I made some adjustments for my second batch. With the first batch, I felt the batter was too runny for my liking, so, with the second go-around, I used yogurt in place of milk and added more graham cracker crumbs. Though they tastes wonderful the first time around, I definitely thought the extra graham crackers made the second batch taste more like s’mores.

3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons plain or vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
24 to 28 large marshmallows

Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, yogurt and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by 1-inch round balls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
When cooled, place four cookies bottom side up on a microwave-safe plate; top each with a marshmallow. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds or until marshmallows begin to puff (do not overcook). Top each with another cookie. Repeat with the remainder of the cookies.


0 comments:

Post a Comment