10.16.2012

Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Burritos




I never used to be a big fan of breakfast burritos, mainly because the only kind I had ever had came from one of the various fast food chains (usually McDonald's). After I started working at Mickey D's while in high school, I saw haow they were made and that turned me off completely. Recently, I started craving sausage and eggs, and had some tortillas left over after making enchiladas, so I gave it a whirl. The best part about these is you can use any kind of sausage you like (spicy, Italian, sweet ... the possibilities are endless). And, if you're anything like me and can't get enough breakfast food, these work well for dinner, too.

1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup onion, diced
1 lb. ground turkey or pork sausage
6-8 eggs, scrambled
salt and pepper to taste
4-6 flour tortillas, depending on size
cheese slices

Sauté onions and sausage in olive oil until crumbly and no longer pink. Stir in eggs and mix well until cooked through. Season as desired. Warm tortillas in microwave. Place cheese slice on top of tortilla and spoon egg mixture over top. Roll up and enjoy. Serve with sour cream and salsa if you so desire. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment