9.08.2012

Garlic Butter Shrimp



I’ve never been a huge fan of deep-fried shrimp. I think it might have something to do with the fact that my parents often went out to Old Country Buffet almost every Friday when I was young for all-you-can-eat shrimp. I mean, there’s only so much seafood a person can eat. Now that I’ve grown up, I’ve discovered a love for plain old regular shrimp. Garlic butter shrimp has become a favorite, but I could never find a great recipe that tasted like the stuff at those high-priced fancy restaurants. But this one comes pretty damn close.

6 Tbsp. butter
2 pounds fresh or frozen (thawed) large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Add the shrimp and garlic and sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp just turns pink (about 5-7 minutes). Add the parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir well. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment