5.27.2012

Jamaican Jerk Pork Stir-Fry




I love stir-fry, not only because I have a love affair with vegetables, but because it’s delicious and healthy. When I lived with my parents, my dad hated trying anything new and different … apparently that’s what buffets are for. Regardless, I’m always up for trying new and interesting foods and flavors, so when I saw a chicken version of this called Caribbean Jerk Stir-Fry, I changed things up a bit. Using pork instead of poultry and replacing the plum sauce with Hoisin sauce, this turned out to be just the right blend of sweet and spicy.

1-1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 large sweet onion, julienned
1 orange bell pepper, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 green bell pepper, julienned
1 tsp. salt and pepper seasoning
1 lb. pork tenderlons
2-1/2 tsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning
1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts, optional
hot cooked rice

Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté the peppers and onions until slightly tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove veggies from the skillet and set aside. Add the pork and 1/2 Tbsp. oil to the skillet; season with jerk seasoning; cook and stir pork until no longer pink. Pour the Hoisin sauce in with the pork. Add the bell peppers and onions. Toss to combine. Cook until the peppers and onions are heated completely, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with soy sauce and chopped peanuts, if desired. Serve over rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment