5.13.2012

Asian Beef with Noodles




This is a great way to make Ramen noodles taste like fine cuisine instead of the usual cheap college meal. My mom found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine several years ago and, because of its simplicity - and the fact that my dad actually likes it - she makes it fairly often. If I recall correctly, the original recipe called for Oriental-flavored Ramen noodles, but my mom uses the beef flavor instead. I also tried a chicken version of this once upon a time, and it was also rather tasty. After eating Ramen noodles for practically every meal back in college, I swore up and down, I’d never eat them again … guess I spoke too soon.

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 - 16-oz bag frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetables
2 cups water
2 - 3-oz. packages beef flavor Ramen noodles, broken up
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 cup red pepper, diced
2 cups snow peas, if desired
2 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onion

In a skillet, sauté beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink. Drain excess grease. Add one beef seasoning packet from the Ramen Noodle package and mix well. Remove beef mixture from pan and set aside. In the same skillet, combine the vegetables, water, noodles, ginger, red pepper, snow peas and the remaining seasoning packet; stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the beef and combine. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in green onion and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment