1.04.2012

Pepper Jack Chicken


The concept for this dish came from a slow cooker recipe I found in a Taste of Home magazine. Because I couldn’t find all of the necessary ingredients at grocery stores in my neck of the woods, I was forced to improvise in order to make it work. I also did away with the need for a crock pot. Though it took a couple experimental tries, I finally found a combination of ingredients that worked … and tasted great, to boot. Not only that, but this has become one of my favorite meals.

4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
3 Tbsp. oil
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
1 medium yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
1 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp. chili powder
3/4 sup chunky salsa
pinch cayenne pepper
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Hot cooked rice

Cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Season with paprika and garlic and continue cooking 5 minutes. Add onion and peppers. Cook until veggies are tender. Stir in soup, heavy whipping cream, chili powder and cayenne pepper until well-blended. Reduce heat and add the cheese. Simmer until smooth. Serve over rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment