8.04.2010

Butterscotch Snack Cake


I love, love, love butterscotch. My dad, not so much. So, the first time I made this dessert, I figured I had better not make it at home. All he would do was complain because it was too sweet or not chocolate enough for him. If you haven’t figured it out yet, my old man is pretty picky when it comes to satisfying his sweet tooth. But, nonetheless, I loved this recipe, not only because of its overabundance of butterscotch goodness, but because it was easy as well. While I intend to try this one on the family, I’m still not so sure I actually want to share it with them :)

1 - 3.9 oz. package cook & serve butterscotch pudding
2 cups milk
1 - 18.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
1 - 12 ounce package butterscotch baking chips
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. In a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cake mix until well blended. Pour into a greased 13-by-9 pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and nuts. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment